Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ready and...ACTION!

This last Thursday in class, my group met once again to discuss the plot details for our short film. We have been throwing around several storylines, but none of them seemed to stick until this Thursday. We figured out a strong plot that will be simpler to film and manipulate into a horror story. As we each contributed our ideas, everyone seemed to get more and more excited about it. We wrote out a screenplay and the different shots we need to get with each major scene.

And at the end of the class, we were able to get the camera and a blank tape, allowing us to shoot our film over the weekend. In fact, we are shooting it tonight, and I am excited to see how smoothly things go! For my group, this has not been the simplest project; but I have a feeling that with a more organized plot to follow and our newfound enthusiasm, everything will fall into place.

During class on Thursday, I went and picked up several props for our film. I hope that they will add reality and a touch of detail to our major scenes, making them more believable and frightening for the audience. Although there is not much time left, we will get this project done; and in the end, I believe it will turn into quite the short film.


1 comment:

  1. Filmmaking is almost always a matter of too little time and too many technical hiccups. I hope you're able to bring some order out of the chaos!

    ReplyDelete