Tuesday, May 4, 2010

That's a Wrap!

Well, this past week was our final regular class period before the final later this week. I can't believe how quickly the classes have gone by and am so excited to see everyone's movies at the film festival this Thursday! It will be worth it to see all the hard work the different groups have put in over the past couple of months. It has been a challenging process, but I have definitely learned my fair share of knowledge about the movie-making business.

The last class period was fairly mellow. The only thing left for our group to do in order to prep our movie for the big screen was the editing process. On Thursday, Eric did help our group to finish digitizing our film onto a hard-drive so that the editing could begin. It has been several days since then and I believe that Cameron (our editor) is very talented in this area and will make our movie look more polished and professional. I am hoping to see our movie before we have to showcase it on Thursday, but it all depends on how quickly the editing process goes.

Although my group, and I'm sure others, has had its share of quarrels and obstacles, we really pulled through and were able to come up with a story and film that is chilling. But whether we can scare the audience or not is a different story. Trying to come up with a plot for our horror movie was rather difficult. I guess I never realized how hard it is to scare people with a film, especially when you are rookies with limited resources. If we do or do not scare our audience, I will survive. The fact that we pulled off this movie with no external crew members beyond our group is impressive in my eyes. I just hope that our fellow honors classmates enjoy it!

We have, in fact, reached the end. I have actually enjoyed this class more than I expected. I have always loved watching movies, but learning how they were made and the technical aspects behind film was not entirely appealing at first. But ironically, I thoroughly enjoyed this class and learning about branches of film such as editing, sound, and cinematography. The movie nights and discussions after each new film we saw were probably what I enjoyed the most. This enjoyment was simply because I was being exposed to films I have never heard of before. I truly did learn a lot about film throughout this semester; and even with all the stress, our short film and the fact that we can now say, "We did it," is all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment